Thursday, February 26, 2009

Project Proposals: Important!

Hey, class-

I've talked with most of you, some more formally than others, about your ideas for Honors Inquiry Projects. I must say, I think we're going to have some very interesting projects this semester.

But I really do need something more formal from each of you: a written proposal. I'm thinking something in the 200 - 400 word range in which you lay out, in detail, the following:

1) What will your project entail? What do you plan to do?
2) What do you hope to learn from this? In what ways do you expect to get to know your "city as text" better?
3) How do you plan on presenting your project? Remember, these projects need to be "show worthy," meaning the kind of thing you can share with others. And I'll be looking for each of you to make presentations at least 15 minutes long. So how do you think you'll accomplish that, exactly?

I would really like to have these proposals soon. I'm going to set March 2 as the day that I'd like to see them if you can possibly get them to me that soon. If not, I'll accept them as late as March 9. But I really do want well-written, well-thought-out proposals that can serve as a kind of "contract" for what you'll be doing in the class.

I'm enjoying reading the blog, too. Keep up the nice work.
Doug

No comments: