Tuesday, February 17, 2009

civil rights museum and a look back at mystery train

I enjoyed the trip to the Civil Rights Museum, especially the burned out bus exhibit. I hadn't been aware that that had happened. I have to say that my favourite part, though, was the dinner afterwards. it's nice getting to know everyone in a non-class environment, I really enjoyed laughing together (and the food!).
after dinner, instead of going straight home, Faith and I were bit by the curiousity bug and drove over to the Arcade to see if we could locate the "Arcade hotel". the best I could come up with is maybe Earnestine and Hazel's or the shopfront a couple doors down. now I want to see the movie again and see if we can figure it out. we drove past Sun Studios on the way home and, man!, those kids walked a LONG, LONG way!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I know the Arcade is no longer there. Is the building still there are was it torn down? If you find out any information on the old buildings in that part of town, I'd be interested in knowing more. I don't think that part of downtown has been affected by all the renovations and rebuilding yet.