Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Change of Plans: Trip to National Civil Rights Museum

Hey, class--

Possible change of plans here. Let me know what you think. I called The Arcade restaurant, and it turns out they're not open for dinner, just breakfast and lunch. But I do think it would be fun to hang out there for a while, since we saw it in the movie.

How does this sound? We could meet up at the Arcade at 1:30 Monday. That would give us plenty of time to have a little lunch, talk about Mystery Train, and get to the Civil Rights Museum by 3:00. That tour will take about two hours. Then we could walk (it's well less than a mile) to a restaurant I think you'd like (good food, lots of local color, cool place) called The Flying Fish. It's on 2nd street. (If you needed to drive, you could, but I think walking would be just as easy.) And we could "de-brief" a bit about what we saw at the National Civil Rights Museum.

I'm not going to "require" either lunch or dinner. But I would like as many of you who can to join us. And it would be great if you could drop me an email to let me know your plans.

See you then. And let's start working on the blog!

DB

No comments: