Thursday, February 5, 2009

Honors Inquiry Blog for 2/02/09 class meeting

Class has been extremely interesting and revealing. I learned quite a bit about the different social backgrounds that comprise our class. I feel so honored to be around such an intelligent and diverse group people. I think the stories we went over last Monday 2/2/09, A Friend and Protector & Merry-Go- Sorry enlightened me on how the truth can be obscured. At times, we can be naïve, especially when it comes to bad motives. I tend to overlook them, more times than not. This is because; I try to see the good in people, and overlook their ulterior motives. However, these stories make you kind of self-reflect, and say “what type of a person am I, really? I would say for the most part, again, I think we as a human race, are a wonderful creation. Just because one apple spoils, we do not have to let it ruin the entire bunch. I was also captivated by our classmate’s faith background as a Catholic, especially since I choose to be non-denominational. It’s really expanding my mind towards people whose denomination may differ from mine. I feel that this exposure, along with our inquest to unfamiliar environments may ultimately lead to life changing events in one’s everyday life, for the betterment of us all. I really enjoyed discussing the issues that make us different as well, with all respect to ethnic backgrounds.

No comments: