Monday, February 9, 2009

Class Meeting 02/02/09

I really enjoyed hearing about where everyone went and what they experienced. I was supprised that places I'm so comfortable at like the Brooks would be uncomfortable with other people. The original place I wanted to go, Univeristy Lounge-a hookah bar, I couldn't get into because it's members only. I wanted to go because I don't hang out with people my own age. I've always gravitated towards much older people because they don't intimidate me as much. I really wanted to go outside my comfort zone and go to a place college students hang out. I plan on getting a membership and going back to really push myself outside my comfort zone. I'm also trying to talk to younger students in class.

2 comments:

Jennifer "Faith" Palmertree said...

I agree with you very much Kathryn. The place that you were wanting to go to would not make me uncomfortable at all, as the Brooks would not make you uncomfortable. It is very interesting.

Jeni said...

Kathryn, I've never heard of University Lounge, but if you want to go to a hookah bar, I can probably arrange that. A good friend of mine is Lebanese, and she probably could tell us where there is one. I would be happy to go with you if you want, and I'm sure Rola would go too if needed.