Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blues Night

I am not sure about everyone else but I am a huge Blues fan. Being from the home of the Blues has always been something that I have bragged about. I was having a beer downtown after the Tigers game last wednesday night, and while the house band was playing the idea struck me that a Blues bar would be a great setting for a class meeting. It doesn't matter which bar but discussing the impact Memphis music had on the American music culture while a live Blues band plays in the background would set the mood for some enlightening conversation. It would also be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Great Idea, Ray! I'm all for this...

Kathryn said...

I also think this is a wonerdul idea. Not sure when we could fit it in, but I would love to do that. Maybe when the night we meet at Elmwood, we could go to a blues joint afterwards. I love Blues music and haven't been except the one time my Mom took me downtown when I was 18.

Douglas Branch said...

Ray, I think this is a lovely idea. I'm going to look at y'all's suggestions and try to figure something out for us. I love the Blues, too, and it would make a lot of sense for us to do this as a class.