Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pictures in My Mind

Hi All,

I wanted to mention to you guys that selected works from Hieroglyph, the college's literary journal, have been adapted for the stage by STCC's Levi Frazier. A group of us are going to the play on Saturday, February 28 after we meet for dinner at Quetzal on Marshall Street near the Union Avenue campus. Dinner is at 6 pm and the play is at 8 pm in the Union Avenue campus theater. (Reflector article, anyone?)

There are also shows on Thursday (2/26) and Sunday (3/1) is anyone is interested in going but can't make the Friday showing.

Also, STCC has a literary society, called Pierian. We generally meet the second Tuesday of the month at 3 at Otherland's coffee bar on Cooper. We discuss all things literary (and lots of things not as well). If any of you would like to join us, we're always happy to have you.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Jeni,

Could you e-mail me your phone number in case I can go. I would like to, but hopefully I will be moving into my new place Saturday. if I get done in time I can meet for dinner, but want to try and go to the play regardless. I've never been to the Union campus. I can mapquest directions, but do you know the best place to park that would be close to the campus theater?

Jeni said...

Kathryn,
At the Union Avenue campus, there *is* no best place. Parking is atrocious there, and you just have to take what you can get. Having said that, be sure not to break any parking laws because you *will* be ticketed, unless the heavens are truly shining down on you. If you aren't moving that day and want to carpool from Macon, I'm happy to do that. If you are moving and aren't too far from the Union Ave campus, I can come pick you up, probably. I will email you my number as well.

Jeni said...

Oh, I don't know if I have your email, so can you send it to me, please?

Douglas Branch said...

Hey, guys, I really do hope a few of you can make it to this. And those of you who haven't will get to meet Robby!

I think it will be a nice evening. And I want to second Jeni's motion that y'all might want to get involved in Pierian. It's a good group, but smaller and less cohesive than we would like at this point. Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 3 at 3:00, at Otherlands. We'll be discussing Henry James' novella "Washington Square." It's really good! And you can get a copy anywhere. I'd be delighted if a few of you wanted to read it and join us. And that goes for the "Pictures in My Mind" evening, as well. (This would make a good Reflector article, too, for sure.)

Doug