Monday, April 27, 2009

Presentations/Farewell; I'll miss you all!

I must reiterate, the presentations were beautiful!!! We did it!!! Time for some us to part ways as the semester has ended. We may not all see each other again, as for me, I’ll be graduating and transferring out. It’s going to be hard to say god bye to Southwest Tennessee Community College. This is one of the first major learning experiences I’ve had. I have been provided with a fostering staff, whom all contributed to my success, as they prepared me for institutions of higher learning in the process. Therefore, I’m not intimidated, since I know that I’m adequately prepared for my new ventures. I have spent more time in Southwest’s learning environment, than in any other post secondary institution I’ve ever attended. Attending Southwest has really altered my sense of Memphis. I was able to meet and be around a group of diverse people as I studied, and attended several of the campuses. This really helped me to interact with people since I’m an introvert. Each campus had a totally different atmosphere from the other. I’ve really grown to appreciate STCC for that. As for Honors Inquiry, it provided an experience like no other. I was able to think and learn amongst people who were on the same level as I. This provided for a unique experience in itself. For once I had the opportunity to learn from others verse aid others in clarification of course work. The idea of being around like minded people was almost a challenge for me, if I had not overcome the challenge early, in which case I did. The experience afforded me to be around likeminded people who in essence were very different from me. The opportunity allowed me to learn in a manner that was untypical of what I had previously encountered. It really benefited me to get involved in a course of this magnitude. It had way more to offer than meets the eye. The instructor made the course what it was. The agenda he laid out for us was unique in helping us to meet our educational goals. The instructor made the course much more interesting than what I expected. I welcome this approach from any instructor willing to be unique in educating their students, and for this I am quite thankful.

No comments: