Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jabber Blabber's Birthday Party

My husband, Mr. Mom and I spent a day out with the kids about two weeks ago, instead of me being held hostage by studying. We had an awesome time. The kids came back with big bags of assorted candy. They watched a movie, ate popcorn, and had a soda. Get this class, it was all a freebie. Yep, no $ involved what so ever. This was a convenience for us. The family likes to get out often, and allow me study time, but it always comes at an expense. Fortunately, I was able to join them at this annual, event. Just so happens our children love to read! Our oldest child always have us to stop at the Jabber Blabber stands everytime she knows there’s a new edition out. There are all sorts of nice events and activities for kids to do and places to attend in that newspaper. This experience has altered my sense of Memphis in that, I always thought we had to travel outside of Memphis to have a great time, especially since they took away Libertyland. My husband’s a big kid at heart, so not only did we have to come up with something for the kids, but in the same manner, something to accommodate him too, as he likes to get involved in the outings that they enjoy. He pretends to cover up his motive by acting as a chaperone. But, anyway, I’ve been very amazed by all that Memphis has to offer if you know the right places to look and go. My concept has been that Memphis is boring and dangerous, so most of the time-I stay home. That’s history now, because as I’ve grown to investigate Memphis more, and surprisingly, I’ve found there are actually plenty of things to do here, all within the city limits. I’ve been more informed of Memphis now more than ever. Not only are there things to do as I’ve experienced this with you all as a class, but here again, they can come at no expense or a small fee. I’ll be glad when the semester is over, so I can get out and enjoy some things. I’m so excited and glad I was able to get to get expose to parts of Memphis from this Honors Inquiry class, it has lead me to new found opportunities!

1 comment:

Faith Palmertree said...

I did not know that Jabber Blabber had things to do in it. That is really good to know, since Krista and I have kids and very little money. My kids and their dad went to a little carnival thing at Rhodes this past weekend. They had such a good time. There waas a jumping thing, and one of thos velcro suit - jump on the wall things. It was also free, I believe. I wish Krista and I could have gone, but I was sick and she was at work.