Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crawfish Time

From the Memphis Flyer:



Of course, we can't forget about the festivals. The 14th Annual Overton Square Crawfish Festival Overton Square is Saturday, April 11th, from noon to 6 p.m.This annual festival, featuring one ton of crawfish, moves across the street this year to the Bayou Bar & Grill's new location. In addition to the crawfish, there will be Cajun fare provided by the Bayou as well as an excellent lineup of live music from Amy LaVere, Jump Back Jake, Snowglobe, and Johnny Lowebow. Proceeds go to the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk.
Next up, it's the Rajun Cajun Crawfish Festival on Sunday, April 19th, at Wagner Place between Union and Beale. You haven't lived until you've seen a crawfish race, but the main event is at noon when 500 pounds of crawfish are given away. Benefits Porter-Leath.


I will be going to the Crawfish Festival at Overton Square. Amy LaVere is an artist I mention in my Sun Studio blog. I'm staying until 5:30 or 6 and am going by at least 2 or 3 when my Mom gets off from work. If you would like to go earlier let me know. I can eat mudbugs more than once no problem. It's a close walk from my apartment, so if you're worried about finding a place to park, you can come by my place and we can walk over there together. Just reply to the blog or call me cellphone if you would like to go.


2 comments:

Douglas Branch said...

I think this sounds like a lot of fun, Kathryn. I'm NOT so sure, though, that I'll be in Memphis that day. I suspect Robby and I will still be in Oxford. But we'll let you know if we do decide to come up. . .

Jeni said...

I want to go! I found out another friend is going to be there and I want to take the kids and listen to the music and people watch. I don't think I'll be partaking of the mudbugs, but I want to go!