Friday, April 17, 2009

the darker side of Memphis

in going around Memphis and talking to people, taking pictures, etc for our project, Faith and I have been reminded of how much poverty Memphis tries to conceal from the world. there are so many people living in pain, pregnant women on the streets, children sick, fathers separated from their families.

I know I feel, at times, that Faith and I are never going to get caught up financially and that things are so hard right now, but I have nothing to complain about. I am grateful that our family had a roof, enough food, and transportation. to say nothing about the tremendous blessing of school for both us and the kids. this project has not only reminded me of the pain Memphis contains, but it has also reminded me to be grateful for all the gifts I have.

No comments: