Monday, March 16, 2009

"SUN"

Sun Studios was awesome! It was extremely interesting for me. I was more able to relate to the Blues celebrities such as Blues Boy (B.B.)King, Rufus Thomas and Isaac Hayes. Of course Elvis rang a bell!!! Wow, he is very rich to Memphis History. I got to look at his social security card, unbelievable! Never though it’ll happen! Not as important that his family was on welfare, although I’d already heard the rumors. So, what!!! But, a graduate of Humes, right here in Memphis, wonder how the people feel that were in the same graduating class as him? It makes him appear so ordinary verses big timing. Well, I think Sam fared pretty well, despite financial problems. Must be pretty neat, to help get Elvis started, I’d bet. Did you all know that they are having an Elvis auction on line? The link is on WMC T.V. 5 and ends Wednesday. I thought the tour guide was going to take it farther with the blues, better they didn’t. Rap and Blues can go toe to toe as they both get pretty vulgar. “Go Cat” came pretty darn close. Good we kept it clean. I didn’t realize just how instrumental and influential Perkins, Lewis, Cash and a host of others were to Memphis and the Rock and Roll scene. It’s just something about Jerry Lee Lewis’ “Great Balls of Fire.” Got to love it. Nice picture of the million dollar quartet. You never stop learning. I love when that happens. Those novelty broadcasting and recording equipment really caught my eye. I love novelty and nostalgic items. What was also interesting is that, Sun Studios is still being currently used as a music studio. I am so glad that throughout the years and with transfer of ownership, they were able to preserve the heritage of Sun Studios. It definitely deserves the recognition of a historical sight. Oh, by the way guys, please forgive me now and in the future, for not making dinner. I have a courseload this semester with twenty-two hours, 90% more than the average student, nothing at all to brag about. However, I would love to join you all someday. But, as you can imagine, it can get pretty tight trying to juggle such an enormous courseload, a hubby and three small kids, none of who are teens. Not to mention, I’ve been preparing for a Nursing program to which I’ve already been accepted to this upcoming Fall. My kids and hubby all reside with me. Sometimes, when we are all at home, all day, we barely get to see each other, beyond my studies. Thank God for fast food, microwaves and showers, anything that makes it easy, unfortunately. In my spare time I try to divide the time up with them and mandatory appearances for schoolwork. It's not really that intense, just so long as I stay on my P's & Q's. But, hey, don’t miss me too much. Just keep eating enough for me! I will try my very best to make dinner with you all, at least once before the semester ends. Anyways, I thought you may understand, if I hadn’t told you all, already. Again, give me to the end of the semester, because I really do enjoy being with you all.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

wow. that's a lot to have on your plate. Don't worry- we all love to eat so I'm sure you'll get a chance before the end of the semester.