Monday, March 16, 2009

Raisin interview with Jarron

Hey Guys, just wanted to share with you all the published interview with Jarron and what he had to say about our visit to the play as well as his overview as an actor at STCC. These are his exact words:
“I want to thank you for coming and see the play and I'm glad that it was a wonderful experience for you! The play was a very wonderful and unique experience and I wanted to make sure that everyone gets their money's worth! I did attend STCC and Ron Gephart was a very wonderful person to work with and was very influential in expanding my career. He helped me hone my skills and gave me the opportunity to showcase my talent and I'm very appreciative of that. He also was the first one to tell me to become the character and made me realize that when you come to rehearsal you are not yourself anymore, you are the character. Levi Frazier, who is also a professor there, helped me by letting me act in various works that he directed and wrote, and he inspires me to become a better actor everyday. Throughout my life I realized that I wanted to become an actor because I want to bring life to a story and affect other people's lives in the telling of that story. Although theatre can be looked at as a mirror image of reality it also shows life in its most powerful form. Taking on the challenge of portraying Walter Lee was the hardest acting job I ever done thus far and I'm glad that I'm doing the role a good service. I hope that I can somehow put a smile on Sidney Poitier's face and if not his, I'm glad I can put one on yours! I hope this is enough for you and thank you for taking the time out to put together this request! I deeply appreciate it and if you need more you can contact me at... Have a blessed day!

No comments: