Monday, March 23, 2009

A Raisin in the Sun

Sorry that this post is so late in the blog, we do not have internet at home, and this has been my first opportunity to blog since we've been back.

I have always loved small community theater's more than the huge ones, like GPAC or Orpheum, and this experience was no exception. Although I caught many line flubs and small mistakes, I was amazed by how well these actors were able to smooth them out. In fact, I feel that most people probably didn't even notice most of them. I just think I noticed them because I've been performing my whole life, and am therefore overly critical.

The woman who played "momma" was one of the most incredible actors that I have seen in a live play (and I've seen some good ones!). The part where she realizes that all of the money is gone was amazing. I almost started crying, and I definitely had goosebumps. I felt like handing her an award right then and there.

I also feel that I must be of a different branch of humanity, because I don't really understand what is so wrong with taking the man's money. How I feel, if someone is stupid enough to PAY me that much money to not live around them, well hell, I'm gonna take their money, laugh all the way to the bank, and then laugh all the way to somewhere else to live. And then continue to laugh some more at the stupid people. I guess I just don't have as much pride as normal people, and I really don't see the need to make my own life, as well as other people's lives, miserable based solely on principle. I hope no one gets offended that I said this, because I'm sure I'm the only one who feels this way!

No comments: