Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sun Studio

Hey, class--

I'm looking forward to reading more about what you have to say about A Raisin in the Sun. I enjoyed our evening, and I'm anticipating a good discussion of it on our blog.

A little change in plans for Monday: I've called Sun Studio, and I think it's best that we begin our tour at 4:30. So we really DO need to be there, getting ourselves together, by 4:15. And we don't want to be late, since the tour does begin at 4:30. I've never done this before, weirdly enough, and I'm eager to learn more about this iconic place in Memphis' history.

The cost is normally $12.00, but I got them to knock off a couple of bucks. It will be $10 for us.

I've asked Ray to check out what's going on early in the evening as far as live music on Monday night. I'm hoping some of you will want to go somewhere for dinner and then out to hear some music after our tour of Sun Studio. I think it will be a good time, for sure.

I'll write again as soon as I hear something from Ray. And I hope y'all are having a good break.

Doug

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I have an interview at the Macon campus at 2, so as long as that doesn't run over, I will be there by 4:15. Does anyone need a ride or want to carpool? I'm looking forward to this... thank you for arranging it, Doug. I think it'll be fun.

I am in for dinner and music, so I hope Ray comes up with some suggestions.

Kathryn said...

I would love to carpool if it's not a problem. You can call my cell or e-mail me.

Jeni said...

Kathryn, I don't have either handy - please call my cell and we'll set this up