Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Raisin in the Sun

I thoroughly enjoyed the production of A Raisin in the Sun. The theater was small, but it was cozy and I really liked it. I want to go back and see other productions there. I'll have to find my playbill so I can see what else is playing there. I was pleasantly surprised by the play. In my research on it, I tried very hard not to read anything about the plot. The story was outstanding. I think the story is still relevant to Memphis today. We definitely have black and white neighborhoods. I've also heard many people talk about "the great white flight" where people move out of their neighborhoods when black people start to move in. My own family has been guilty of this. The actors where really good as well. The little boy was adorable. I loved it every time he said "aww." The woman who played Lena was marvelous as well. I think she made the play what it was. Most of the actors were amazing, but she was just wonderful. I've rather enjoyed doing nothing over spring break, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this week. When I'm not in school I'm overall non-productive and lazy. I'll get back on trach with things this week. I can't wait to see everyone Monday. I miss my conversations with you the most. (It's so hard not to type ya'll there.)

No comments: