Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Beale street experience......

It was about 3:30pm on a Tuesday evening, as a class we boarded the Madison trolley. This wasnot my first trolley ride, so I just sat back and viewed the scenery. Usually when I am on the trolley the sun is about to set. This ride allowed me to see images that I could not see at night. My fare was a dollar which was very inexpensive. Thanks to Graham I was able to ride the trolley because the smallest bill I had was a twenty. I was trying to view Beale street in the eyes of Randa Rushing and the characters of Mystery Train. What a view! I felt like a tourist in my own city. I had never been on Beale street and visited stores and restaurants. Tinisia, Tiera, Monia, and I went to A. Schawb's. That store was amazing! Upon entering the store, it appeared to be small and not very appealing. Once inside my thoughts changed instantaneously! The smell reminded me of mildew or old mop water, but the items in the store were wonderful. I purchased a humorous sign as well as a very dark skinned Aunt Jemima. There were a number of antiques in the store. I saw swords, mugs, plates, ceramic elephants, etc. I am definitely going back there.
Next we went to Silky Sullivan's. There was a live musician playing and the atmosphere was very subtle. You could have a drink and eat barbecue nachos. The people were friendly and hospitable. I ordered a fried chicken salad and cheesecake. The food was surprisingly good. Overall I had a wonderful night and I made it home in time to study for my biology exam. I can say i knocked two birds out with one stone!

No comments: