Thursday, November 5, 2009

Beale Street and all of its "authenticity"

I'm not one to really get out. I guess you would say,"I'm a homebody." But to be honest, I never really had a big interest in Beale Street. I'm either in Southaven, MS or Whitehaven. I frequently go to the movies. I've enjoyed films at the Malco Paradisio, Desoto Cinema, Majestic Cinema, and the Summer Drive-in. I LOVE MOVIES!!! I'm not a clubber, therefore Beale Street wouldn't be one of my typical hangouts. However, this past Tuesday came a new image of Beale Street. I window shopped at one of the oldest shops in Memphis on Beale Street, met blues playing men who said, "I had a hole in my soul," and I ate some pretty good mozzarella sticks at St.Patricks while discussing the issues of Memphis with my professor and classmates.

D0wntown brought many other experiences in my life. I've rode on a trolley before in Nashville, TN (a avery long time ago) but now I can say that I've rode on a trolley in Memphis! I also discovered that Memphis has an American Apparell! It's a very popular clothing line that excentuates the styles of the eighties. Me and Graham were impressed by some of the styles but not too crazy about there prices. I'm sure we could find some marked down American Apparell at TJMAXX or Marshalls. Oh and don't let me forget to filll in everyone who's not in on the 411 of Graham. That night I learned that Graham was fifteen years old!!! No, he didn't act fifteen years old, he is actually fifteen years old. Usually, I'm used gto being in classes were the my classmates are older than me. Graham is younger than me and it's kind of crazy how I'm always the last to know eveything. He's also an actor!!! What are the odds???? To think, I learned all of this on Beale Street.

No comments: